Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Help me make a How To on Making Your Own Wiring Harness For Cruise Control (smart people with wiring diagrams apply within)
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #13
jay-rod05
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24351
FF Reputation: 5 jay-rod05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lscman View Post
What's the latest? I own a 2007 manual tranny car without cruise & just purchased a used cruise steering wheel. I have a 2007 ford-helms focus wiring diagram book. I'm an electrical engr & interested in helping the cause here. If you need me to send any pics of my connectors or wiring I will do that.
Been busy with school but I had been back and forth a few times to the junkyard finding out new things each time. I made a disassembly video for engine bay and interior parts and also a wiring diagram overview video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJayrodo

Last three videos are the cruise control videos (Parts 1-3 so far)

I still need to make the wiring guide, I'll try to do that on Friday and post it up along with a new thread that has all the instructions.

You say you have the wheel, but do you have a servo yet? The videos show exactly what you need. It's all the same on 00-07 just from 05-07 your servo will be located at the front of the engine bay behind the driver side headlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lscman View Post
It would be my assumption that the computer algorithm contained within the module varies by engine and transmission type so the throttle modulation is appropriate for each powerplant. Aftermarket modules typically have adjustable sensitivity settings. Since OEM modules are fixed, so they are hardware specific. this doesn't mean wiring differs.
Actually from what I've found is that there is no difference in-between the SPI or Zetec modules, they both have the same circuit board numbers and I've tested both an SPI and Zetec servo in my SPI Focus and could not notice a difference at all. The only difference in fact the actuator cable, which is engine specific due to length of cable and the type of mount to the throttle body.

The servo itself it pretty generic I've come to find that it was the same design on the mercury cougar and a few mustangs that I saw at the junk yard, but those had different pin-outs and different circuit board numbers so it probably isn't worth the hassle trying to get those to work on a Focus.