Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Daytime running lights (DRL)
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 01:21 AM   #49
ServerTech
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91612
What I Drive: 2012 S.G. Focus Titanium Hatchback

Points 17, Level 1
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Level Up 33% Completed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 ServerTech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Are there any services shops out there that have a clue?

I've asked two different Ford service shops on the Eastside near Seattle (Ford of Kirkland and Ford of Bellevue) about enabling DRL on my '12 Titanium. Their responses have been similar to some of what others have reported. Ford of Kirkland had hooked up their tool to the OBD port and they weren't able to find any kind of toggle which would enable the DRL on my Focus. The service rep told me that they had tried but weren't able to do it. He said that they would put in a request to Ford and ask for any guidance or instructions on about this. This was about 2 weeks ago and today I went back to follow up, and was told that they "might" know more about it when I come back for my next oil change. That's several months away! I also went over to Ford of Bellevue and asked somebody about DRL on the '12 Focus, and he echoed the guy over at the other shop for the most part.

I still have a few unanswered questions about what's going on exactly. I know that in order for DRL to even work, there has to be a particular module which would have to be installed before it can be toggled on via software. A question I have would be what exactly is this module, and is there a part number associated with it? There's another generic question that I have, and that's why are so many Ford service centers clueless about the workings of DRL in the '12 Focus? I know that it's a fleet option which is enabled at the factory, but these service shops which most definitely work on fleet vehicles still are befuddled about this. It's weird.

Anyways to wrap this up, here's my question to y'all out there - are there ANY Ford service centers in the Seattle area who not only have the knowledge necessary to enable DRL on a '12 Focus, but have in fact done it on one? It's not that big of a deal for me really - the MFT issues are much more important to me than having DRL on my car, but I like the idea of making use of it.