Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Strange front end high/low wobble/humming sound
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #73
jimmyt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90069
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jimmyt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthrj View Post
You know, that may actually be the problem. Hate to quote myself, but I just had an epiphany. I've never seen or used chassis ears, but it sounded like a technician uses them with a pair of earphones. The frequency of the hum is so low I don't think earphones would be able to reproduce a sound of that frequency even if the microphone was able to detect it..... I think a subwoofer would be needed, or a very very nice pair of earphones.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong: If the chassis ears were detecting said low frequency vibration, you wouldn't even know it was detecting it because earphones couldn't reproduce that sound. Voila, can't detect the hum?
I am going to post some messges I received in the hope it will give you creditability anhelp you geet you car fixed. You dealer can contact me 1615077602370 if any quesrions.
Please leave the names of he people respond to me out of th loop, a cpouplle have benn disbanne.

Here is the first one. Hey there DS. I got my car fixed. You can go back a few threads to see the explanations. They also replaced the headliner and re-aigned the spoiler to match the rest of the theHatch backs on the lot. Thanks to your assistance I think we got everything fixed. "I apreciate you man." If ever in my area, Nashville, TN, I owe you a dinner! I am going to pass on some of our discussions with another who needs the same help. Feel free to jump in