Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Strange front end high/low wobble/humming sound
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #70
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93807
What I Drive: 2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport Auto FWD

FF Reputation: 1 ruthrj Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The SM does not want to touch the transmission thankfully. Ford was just using that excuse to blow me off, saying that the noise is likely the transmission operating normally, lol. If that were the case, every car on the f'in lot would hum (which is what the SM told Ford). That's what got the issue escalated.

Cool that you brought up your tranny though, my transmission shifts beautifully just like yours. It never really shuddered during the break in period and it is super quiet. As much as I love the car I wouldn't take it back if it got a new transmission.

I did ask the service dealer a good question today though. He was saying that the chassis ears have been inconclusive to date on trying to find or isolate the noise, especially on the wheel bearings. I asked him, well, since the vibration and hum is such occurring at such a low frequency, are the chassis ears even designed to detect a noise/vibration of that frequency? The frequency of the hum is so low it would likely take a subwoofer to replicate it. He responded that he honestly didn't know and wanted to ask the Field Service Engineer the same question.

I'll likely call them back a week from now if I haven't heard back from the SM by then. Till then, I'm excited to be able to drive my car again even if it does hum/vibrate