Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SVT springs vs FRPP kit; comfort, ride & handling
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #55
karmakc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78622
What I Drive: 2004 Ag ZX3 D23E MTX

Points 1,996, Level 26
Points: 1,996, Level: 26 Points: 1,996, Level: 26 Points: 1,996, Level: 26
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 1 karmakc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by homey55 View Post
Poly bushings for the lower control arm? Don't waste your time and $ on that...those things are a PITA and it will cost more to have them removed/installed that it's worth. Poly bushings for the motor mounts are nice add and are very easy to install.

As for the kit, you do not need anything at all. It comes with new nuts/bolts and bushings. You may want to rent a spring compressor but it is not absolutely necessary. I used a jack to remove/install the rear springs (jack between the lower control arm and frame) and just muscled the front springs on. It's very easy to do yourself and no instructions are needed, just remove/replace.
Knowing my ineptitude with all things car install related, I may have to call on one of my buddies to help with the install. By help, I mean - he does the work - and I supply the Pizza. :)

I got the lower engine mount from CFM - that was a pain to get in to the holder but man does it do its job!
Hatch Nation #135
Blazin' the Twisties #90