Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SVT springs vs FRPP kit; comfort, ride & handling
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #49
karmakc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78622
What I Drive: 2004 Ag ZX3 D23E MTX

FF Reputation: 1 karmakc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by homey55 View Post
I do not have ABS or power anything. Just a big motor and a nice, leather wrapped, steering wheel :) ...no frills!

You can get the SVT replacement shocks and the FRPP springs for $320 ish delivered from Tousley and, like I said, it's nice just a quick rebound due to less travel.

I was going to get Conti DWS tires last month but they were on backorder "indefinitely" so confirm that they are in-stock before you buy. I'm happy with the S-Drives though and they seem to have a nice tread and a nice stiff sidewall.

I am looking for a new rear sway and I may just look for a used one as they are cheap and don't really wear out. I would like to get a 22mm bar from sway-a-way. I want a little more oversteer and I understand that will help.

Take what's left over in your tax return and get the Ballance Shaft Delete. It's cheap, easy to install and adds power and oil capacity (1qt!). I think $25, some RTV and a couple hours is all you need.

Don't forget the allignment too!

Glad to see you doing all of this to your ride...it's a lot of fun for a little money!
I see, so the other option is to get just the FRPP springs with the SVT dampers. Is that what you got? I should call Steve back and talk to him about that. What, if any, disadvantages might this set up create. If the shocks are made for the SVT setup, does it inhibit the longevity of the dampers/shocks?

What are the relevant advantages of getting the BSD done? I know that it reduces the rotational mass, possibly making the engine free-er revving..

The Conti DWS's are available, just checked...

Messing with the car is fun and I'm liking each change more and more :)
Hatch Nation #135
Blazin' the Twisties #90