Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SVT springs vs FRPP kit; comfort, ride & handling
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #48
homey55
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54911
What I Drive: 2003, Silver, ZX3 2.3 5-speed

Points 1,113, Level 18
Points: 1,113, Level: 18 Points: 1,113, Level: 18 Points: 1,113, Level: 18
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 homey55 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I do not have ABS or power anything. Just a big motor and a nice, leather wrapped, steering wheel :) ...no frills!

You can get the SVT replacement shocks and the FRPP springs for $320 ish delivered from Tousley and, like I said, it's nice just a quick rebound due to less travel.

I was going to get Conti DWS tires last month but they were on backorder "indefinitely" so confirm that they are in-stock before you buy. I'm happy with the S-Drives though and they seem to have a nice tread and a nice stiff sidewall.

I am looking for a new rear sway and I may just look for a used one as they are cheap and don't really wear out. I would like to get a 22mm bar from sway-a-way. I want a little more oversteer and I understand that will help.

Take what's left over in your tax return and get the Ballance Shaft Delete. It's cheap, easy to install and adds power and oil capacity (1qt!). I think $25, some RTV and a couple hours is all you need.

Don't forget the allignment too!

Glad to see you doing all of this to your ride...it's a lot of fun for a little money!