Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SVT springs vs FRPP kit; comfort, ride & handling
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #46
karmakc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78622
What I Drive: 2004 Ag ZX3 D23E MTX

Points 1,996, Level 26
Points: 1,996, Level: 26 Points: 1,996, Level: 26 Points: 1,996, Level: 26
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 1 karmakc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Sup Homey

Quote:
Originally Posted by homey55 View Post
We have the same car...exactly! The FRPP kit is really nice. The rebound is a little fast but that's expected whe the suspension travel is reduced. The Dynamic kit is what they used for spec Focus racing and I wish I could afford it but the SVT/FRPP Springs work nice. I would try to find a bigger sway bar as well...that's my next mod.

Tires...not sure if Conti has the DW/DWS in stock for our rim size. I got Yokahama S-Drives for a good price and I like them a lot.

Lastly, get an allignment and make sure you budget for it or you will not realize the benefits of the drop and your tires will get ruined.
Hey Homey! Yup we have the same spec car. Mine was built in 2004 and sold in 04, there is some hybridization of parts between the 05 and mine...

Does your ride come with ABS or power windows/locks? If not, your car and mine are identical.

Some of the mods I've done include the Mach headlight swap, added fog lights, fog light/high beam mods, K&N FIPK II (keeping it CARB legal), DIY short shifter and more...

I'm finally getting down to the nitty gritty and I've pretty much decided on the SVT suspension, the FRPP (dynamic) set up is out of reach considering I really started out needing tires that don't surprise me in the wet.

The suspension was a bit of an after thought. And as I've driven several SVT's I know what to expect. As much as the FRPP kit is appealing, my budget simply does not account for both tires and suspension.

The DWS or DW are definitely available on TireRack in the 205/50R16 size.

Are you looking for a bigger sway bar than the one included with the SVT kit?
Hatch Nation #135
Blazin' the Twisties #90