Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - SVT springs vs FRPP kit; comfort, ride & handling
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #38
Entrical
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 75364
What I Drive: '09 Black SES

FF Reputation: 1 Entrical Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakc View Post
Seeing that you're the manager at the Big - O, what is your experience with Continental DW vs DWS? I've wanted the DW but realize that in less than 40 degree weather the tire may become a liability. Know anything about that?

Why do you wish it is lower? And do you have a sway bar set up on it also?
IMO, the climate we live in doesn't necessitate an All-Season tire. Now, if you plan on taking the car somewhere where there will be sub-freezing temperatures and/or snow, then definitely look in to an All-Season. The DW is an awesome tire, I have it on my G/F's '09 SES. Great handling tire in wet and dry conditions, and it's quiet. The only complaint I've ever heard about the DWS is that it's loud, but the times I've heard that were from people running extremely wide tires (P295/30R19 on the rear of a Porsche, customer came back the next day cursing up a storm that they sounded like an airplane taking off). The DWS is definitely a good choice if you're looking for a well-rounded, high-mileage tire. Just keep in mind that an All-Season tire is not great at anything, it's just OK at everything. Personally, I'd pick the Bridgestone 970AS over the Conti DWS.