Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SVT springs vs FRPP kit; comfort, ride & handling
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #20
karmakc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78622
What I Drive: 2004 Ag ZX3 D23E MTX

FF Reputation: 1 karmakc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
You really won't have any issue's w/ either setup. Your strut's/shock's are probably worn out= more body roll/ brake dive. Lowering your car lower's the center of gravitiy= Lot less body roll & brake dive= you will find your brake's work better, instead of having a lot of weight tranfer. You will find you need more work on your car to get lift throttle oversteer w/ this FRPP's suspension.
I called Tousley today, apparently Steve and Mike R. are out of the office and the guy there couldn't give me a quote. At least it gives me an extra day to weigh my options.

I definitely understand the concept of lowering as a testament of lowering the car's center of gravity. The real question aside from handling is how the FRPP's lower (and possibly harder) springs will do on roads that are less than smooth.

What other kind of work would need to be carried out in order to get lift throttle oversteer with the FRPP?
Hatch Nation #135
Blazin' the Twisties #90