Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Looking for Input..
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #17
WiscoGTI
Turböner

Fan#: 70225
What I Drive: 2002 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 32 WiscoGTI Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goinloco1 View Post
You just got out with an honorable? What about med board or didn't they even offer?
First thing since you have orders is to go to your county veterans rep and see what you have as far as benefits. He'll sit down and go through everything with you.
The one in my county is awesome, he found benefits I didn't know I had and also helped get everything together for the va and got me names and numbers for who I needed to talk too. It'll be under your county offices in the phone book. Do this now before your seperation date.
They offered me a med board, but they also offered me a straight honorable discharge. Which I would rather have than a medical. I don't personally feel like I'm disabled, so no point in me taking a med board, in my opinion. I would feel like I was disrespecting those who are really seriously injured from combat. Just my personal feelings.

But I will def find my veterans rep and talk to him/her. Is there any particular reason I should do it before my effective discharge date?

Also, I was only Reserves. And never deployed. Not sure if any of that matters or not.