Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - How To: Adding an OEM Tachometer Cluster on a 2005-up
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #11
Lscman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95211
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Lscman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
i did this and the abs light does not work... even did the test to see if all the light work on the cluster and they do, but abs does not show when i first turn on the car... what could be wrong... the car did not have the abs where the cluster came from?
The speedo cluster (when new) was programmed for the options on the car. If you're installing a new cluster at the dealer, they have a programming tool to enter these options and the old mileage ONE TIME. Since it's illegal to swap used clusters between cars, the mfr and dealer shops do not have a reprogramming tool to alter, erase or overwrite programming on a used cluster. The federal government has mandated that.

If the used cluster from donor car does not have the same brake system options as your car, you will have to just deal with these issues. Basically you lose your brake trouble alarming if the brake system differs. I think folks doing these swaps should be careful to select a donor car with same abs and traction control configuration. I'm not sure if transmission type matters.