Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Strange front end high/low wobble/humming sound
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #64
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,298, Level 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthrj View Post
I dropped my car off at the dealership last night for my appointment today. The car still hasn't been looked at because their service manager has been in a dealer meeting all day, so it's going to be held over night and looked at tomorrow.
That's the bad news. The good news was that Ford customer service called me to tell me that personally .........
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthrj View Post
Update: The service dealer has determined that it is not the wheel bearings...... They still have not been able to identify the source. Ford's suggestion now is to replace some intermediate bearing. Since the shop normally doesn't have a part like that in stock, we play the waiting game.

Hi ruthrj,

Thank you for your patience while the dealership continues to diagnose the Focus properly and repair the concern. Continue to work with them and keep me in the loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyt View Post
Got my car back and guess what no noise!! I had a nice quiet rid back home. They verified the noise by a ride and used chassis ears to isolate it to the front wheel bearings........
Afternoon jimmyt,

That's awesome to learn!

I recognize it's been a long ordeal and appreciate your patience while the dealership used all channels to diagnose the concern properly. If you ever need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Enjoy your Focus!

Take care everyone; it's Friday, time to relax!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply