Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #580
TDiGuy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93343
What I Drive: 2012, Candy Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 TDiGuy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
TopKat I suspect that you have nothing to worry about. Despite a number of people who have had issues with the transmission many many more have not including myself. Most people who are happy with their cars never get on these sites to post compliments. It seems that people show up in droves to complain which is human nature. The latest TSB that I'm aware of is 12-1-4 if memory serves me correctly. It was issued late December to very early January so I'm willing to bet that any car manufactured from Jan to present has the latest programming.

It is my opinion that Ford has resolved the issues so I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, if it's leased you can always turn it in and walk away from it. I went through similar issues with my 2008 VW Jetta. That one was so bad that they eventually recalled it and installed a new Mecatronics Unit. It performed much better after the recall but make no mistake, it was much more jerky than the Ford DCT. The only thing about VW's DSG that I liked a little better was the quicker shifts. I suspect that Ford is able to program the DCT to perform similarly but chose instead to go with a smoother more relaxed shift style for American taste. That's always the way it seems for any car destined for the USA. Tune it for lazy drivers, LOL