Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Strange front end high/low wobble/humming sound
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #58
jimmyt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90069
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jimmyt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthrj View Post
Got another call from Ford Customer Service. My service dealer found that other cars on the lot do not hum like mine (shocker), and that they are going to try to identify the problem. They said that they will call me back on Monday to update me on the progress. The service dealer is going to do a breakdown of some of the car components starting with the wheels and possibly the transmission

Glad that they are servicing the car, but the thought of my Focus getting stripped down makes me sad. Can't wait to get my new car back, and I'm really glad I've got this rental. My service dealer is partnered with the local Enterprise Rent-A-Car, so I'm not driving a loaner but a hatchback Nissan Versa. Makes me miss my Focus that much more, lol! Alas, beggers cannot be choosers
I am pretty sure it is the wheel bearings. If you have an accident and did not take out the 'extra' insurance, the rental company will take the costs right off the top of your credit card until your insurance pays up. Even if an accident is not your fault, the same procedure will be followed. It cost me and extra $16.59 per day for coverage. I chose a high deductable $1,500.00 on my cars since they are all paid in full.

I am awaiting a call for the dealer to come pick me up.