Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #1038
Optimus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 91904
What I Drive: 1997 Nissan Maxima

FF Reputation: 1 Optimus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Oh so this blue model had the projector headlights and the full leather Recaros. Looks good, but I will definitely be going for partial leather Recaro seats. It was nice seeing the red Recaros in that Auto Express article.

As for what people took of my Euro price comparison, I was trying to say that the more important comparison was that the magazine speculated a price lower than GTI in Europe. Comparing prices of model trims between Euro and US is extremely inaccurate.

But this certainly is a delicate price range. There are too many good cars as someone already mentioned. I think it sure is a fine apples to apples comparison between the other hot hatches, WRX, or even mustangs. They're all performance cars at an affordable price, each with its own bit of practicality... except the Mustang of course.

Oh and MacAttack left out one other stat that the Auto Express magazine article listed. They SPECULATE 37 mpg! I think that's an optimistic estimate, and I believe Euro mpg estimates are generally a bit higher than our EPA estimates. But that sure is encouraging!