View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #66
Wobbn08
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90548
What I Drive: 2008 Silver SES Coupe

FF Reputation: 6 Wobbn08 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Bringing this thread back up hoping to have some insight towards my situation...

I have an 08 with 46K miles on it. I bought it just over a year ago with 18K miles on it. The NIGHT I bought my car, the wrench light came on. I called the dealer on the way home and said that it had came on, they said to bring it back tomorrow if it's still on. I said, "can I take it to another dealer?" (Because I live 2.5 hours away from where I bought my car) They said no.

Next day I get in my car and it doesn't come on. A week later it does. Instantly I start googling my issue and see nothing much at all. I post on the forums asking what it could be and someone said that the throttle needed to be recalibrated by the dealer and to take it to them if it keeps happening.

Now, it's been over a year. The light comes on randomly. It is literally random when it comes on. I can be just starting out, cruising in 5th gear, or if I leave it in a gear "too long" It has NEVER put my car in Limp mode, and I've never had an issue with performance if the light is on. So I basically ignored it... Well now it's been coming on everyday. Multiple times a day. It's annoying. Still not having any issues with my car going into limp mode, and still no issues with drive-ability.

Now... I'm not going to take it to the dealer for them to charge me $90 and tell me nothings wrong. If anything, I will do what I found on another(mustang) forum. Clean the MAF, and clean the throttle body. If it's still happening, then maybe I'll replace the TPS. As my car is not under warranty, I will be paying for this all out of pocket, and doing the work myself. Cause I'm not going to go get raped by the dealer.

But before I do this, does anyone else have this issue? or is there anything that you would suggest that I do?
SES #018