Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 74686
What I Drive: '03 ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 Mile30 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonblacksvt03 View Post
all i have to say is you get what you pay for
I say, good purchase Mate! As long as it does what it's designed for and doesn't cause issues from poor materials or construction... I paid $389 for my AEM cold air kit, and I ended up off the road last winter (for shame, no snow miles... GASP!). The car would crank, no problem, and even start everytime; but once the thing 'caught' it would just die on me. I chased parts and what I eventually thought was an electrical gremlin, and one day decided to look at the MAF after I'd already bought a new one. And to what did my prying eyes discover:

This little chip of the powder-coating had vibrated/sucked loose from the inside-end of the intake tubing and lodged itself betwixt the hot-wire and the plastic holding it! I took it out and the car fired right back up after all that time...

You gotta watch out for yourself, that's true; but the industry has some fun secrets that are designed to separate you from your income. Like the fact that only three companies manufacture batteries or motor oil... You'll just pay double for a major name battery or oil (synthetic oil being an exception).