Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - A simple fix for the microphone wind noise issue
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
xwhit3devilx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86578
What I Drive: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

FF Reputation: 2 xwhit3devilx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsubt3xt View Post
I have Dynamat left over from my last stereo build. Now I have a use for it! Have you heard of anyone replacing the microphone? Looks like it would be simple to do.
I don't believe anyone here has done it, but yes it should be extremely easy. All one would need to do is cut the old one off, acquire a new one, and splice the wires onto the mic. I really don't think changing it out is necessary though; people say it's very clear when driving around town- and now with all the sound dampening highway speeds shouldn't be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsubt3xt View Post
My main issue is not the voice commands but using the hands free over bluetooth. There is some serious background noise according to the people on the other end of the call. I'm thinking there has to be a better mic that would work with it. I'm going to do some research.

EDIT: Perhaps even a small directional mic?
Like I said, the background noise is taken care of with the dampening. Save yourself some effort and try my mod first before replacing the mic- it's much less invasive.