Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Strange front end high/low wobble/humming sound
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #11
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,276, Level 35
Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthrj View Post
...Figured I'd express my concern over this issue also. I have a 2012 Focus SE hatchback (6 speed select shift transmission). ..............
Just dropped it off at my local Ford dealer (Ford of Clermont) about an hour ago. I'll report back when I have more news. Such a shame, my first new car only having 1000 miles on it with a weird problem like this
Quote:
Just got the car back from the dealership. After they had it for 8 hours, they finally test drove it to hear the hum for themselves.
Service Clerk: "Yes, the technicians did hear a slight noise. They determined it wasn't a safety issue, and that it isn't a big enough problem to service".
Quote:
By the way, if you happen to stumble across this Natasha, I PM'd you my info (VIN, contact information, etc.). I'm very worried that the service dealer is going to blow me off again on Wednesday when I go back in for my appointment. I would greatly appreciate any help in getting my car fixed. I bought a Ford because it's an awesome product that my family has always stood by. Having the service department try to shoo me away saying I had to wait for the problem to get worse really upset me. That's most definitely not what comes to my mind when I think FORD!
Morning ruthrj,

Natasha is currently helping Ford family members on the Face book account. But, I would be more than happy to assist. I received your PM and will be escalating the concern to the Customer Service Manager in your area. Thanks for your patience and keep me posted on the results.

Oh and hey, to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyt View Post
Just heard back from the dealer last Friday the 10th. My car is still in the shop having other issues resolved, headliner replaced and rear spoiler alined to fit properly, however they informed me that they have replaced both front bearings and said the noise is gone. I have not driven the car yet so I can only report what I have been told. If your dealership replaces the two front bearings, ask them to use the new part numbers so as to not get bearings from the bad batch, if they have not been pulled.
Good luck with yours. This has been a 6 month project for me. I am looking forward to hearing that your problem has been solved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyt View Post
So what if any other cars on the lot make the noise. It does not make it a non-problem. My Titanium makes the noise too. FORD knows they have a problem as indicated by the Oasis bulletin. I do not have the TSB number but read the following summary of my problem. Feel free to copy this and take it in to the dealer.
Hi jimmyt

I'm glad to know the service department is making some progress with the work on the vehicle. Please let me know the outcome.

Enjoy Valentine's Day with your love ones!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply