md2009
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93649
What I Drive: 09 S Sedan - Black

FF Reputation: 2 md2009 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfraRedSVTF View Post
I am familiar with IDS, and they can do it, they just didn't want to, or were not properly trained. Try a different dealer.
UPDATE II

This is the latest as of 2/18/2012 - My cruise control is installed and working perfectly.

One of my favorite quotes is: "When a man sends you an impudent letter, sit right down and give it back to him with interest ten times compounded, and then throw both letters in the wastebasket." ~Elbert Hubbard

Sometimes, in anger, I tend to write out things before giving an opportunity to resolve the issues at hand. This is a good example.

I was able to contact several other individuals familiar with Ford and Ford systems. I clarified multiple times exactly what I had done, and what I was looking to do. They each confirmed that all that needed to be done was the programming of the BCM.

I called the dealer and spoke to the same service writer. I basically told him that I had done a little more research, and I think it had the problem solved. I told him I would run in before they closed.

I could tell that I may have been getting on their nerves slightly, but he was kind enough to humor me and give me the opportunity to see what the tech was talking about. He even had the tech come out to where I was at to show me how the system was responding.

Both were extremely pleasant, and I spent some time BSing about vehicles and such. I probably wouldn't have received the same service if I had shown back up making a scene. I watched where the tech went, and I made sure to point out that it was imperative he go to "Programmable Parameters" to change the setting.

For anyone interested in doing this mod: make sure you stress that the settings are changed in Programmable Parameters. I cannot express that with enough importance. Plug in IDS -> Start New Session -> Tool Box -> PCM -> Programmable Parameters -> Speed Control -> Enable.

I watched him click through the IDS, and it began to program without any issues.

I THINK he was attempting to view DTS errors the first time, or actually trying to reprogram the entire BCM rather than going into Programmable Paremeters. I honestly do not know where he went the first time since I didn't seem him try to reprogram anything. However, I can tell you that the second time worked flawlessly.

After the program, I took it for a quick test drive. The cruise control works 100% PERFECT!

I will stress it one last time: for anyone doing this mod, make certain you express to the dealer multiple times: they need to go into Programmable Parameters to make the changes. After that, it is a cake walk!

Good luck to anyone else interested in this mod!

Last edited by md2009; 02-18-2012 at 03:04 PM.