Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Power Steering Failure on brand new 2012 Focus
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #58
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutztb View Post
Thanks. I spoke with my dealership this afternoon, and they recommended that I bring it in immediately if it were to occur again, but stated it could have just been a random glitch. I have experienced isolated idiosyncrasies like that in previous cars, so for the time being I will wait. If it happens in the future, I'll definitely take you up on your offer of assistance. This episode aside, I like the car very much, definitely more than either of our Hyundais.
Hi lutztb,

Great to hear! Keep me posted and let me know if I can be of assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiller View Post
......An owner with this problem might, instead of leaving directly from the dealership, take a low speed tour of the lot. I think the low speed, constant tight turning may bring the error back up. And if you can, don't turn off the car.
Document every occurance, and as instructed by the owners manual, take it to your dealer. Remind the dealer that you are following the manufacturers instructions by bringing it to the dealer to resolve the error. (See page 272 of the owners manual.)
(Keep Noemi "FordCustomerService" updated.)
Morning spiller,

Thanks for reaching out to lutztb. The advice is appreciated.

Take care and have a GREAT Valentines Day!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford