Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #563
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Been driving mine for 10 days now. Built Dec 2nd. Had the latest update applied before taking delivery. Drove smooth up until 3 days ago. Now when the car's warmed up it stutters a little when taking off from a complete stop. Doesn't do it for the first maybe 10-15 mins after starting her up. Any ideas?
I got the lastest TSB update done a week ago and I am very impressed with the update. In fact, I find that I rev her up more and do more spirited driving now. It is very responsive and it feels more like a 160 HP car, than a 105 HP Toyota Corolla of the mid '90s. It does not make a perfect transmission, but it is a lot better than the original programming and looking back, I am happy I took the time and got the update.

However, I do still have a little bit of that issue and also when it shifts gears, it grinds, although when I keep steady pressure, or even let up on the acceleration, it does not grind as much (or not at all). Like you mentioned in the post, I have a bit of residual shuttering (but I think that may go away over time, as it adapts). It has only been about 200 miles since I got the update and I will let the transmission adopt to the programming. I think since the dealer I got it done was located far from the highway, they were not able to do the test completely. It was done at a parking lot for about three miles (perhaps Pines Blvd, as well).

But nothing is perfect and I still keep up hope!