Ox-y-GenIII
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90008
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 Ox-y-GenIII Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfitzp View Post
Thanks for this, i'm also looking to upgrade the bulbs in my car. When dark and rainy i find it hard to see, my old car had 55 watt hid projectors that were awesome and i'm finding it hard to get used to these headlights.

How is installing the bulbs do you need to remove the entire headlight housing? what about the fogs, are they easy to swap out?
For the headlight bulbs you dont technically have to remove the whole housing but I did since its much easier to get to the foglights that way. To remove them just take a T30 Torx bit screwdriver and take off the two screws per headlight and they slide on out. Then unclip the connector and you have full access to the foglights.

Just untwist the foglight and then pull it towards you, unclip the bulb and put your new one in, then slide down and twist it back into place. The headlights are the same but you can do them at eye level since you have the housings off.

Very very simple. Thanks for the interest. I am loving them more and more as I drive more.

2012 Oxford White Focus Hatchback
Dyno #'s 164.35 HP 147.12 TQ