Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Idea to spruce up a stock rear bumper...cheap idea...need opinions
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 01:57 PM   #1
J-Dawg
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1281
What I Drive: 2K2 Liquid Grey ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 J-Dawg Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thumbs up Idea to spruce up a stock rear bumper...cheap idea...need opinions

Hey all,

was thinking of ideas on how to doctor up the rear bumper on my mineral grey focus....still has the stock rear bumper and I've been looking for rear lip kits, but haven't found any that look clean as what I want

i do like the look and styling of the SVT rear bumper but don't want a 400 dollar bumper then add painting price...ugh

so I was thinking....what do I like best about the SVT rear bumper...I personally like the blacked out lower part of it....that's what really draws me to it...and gives the illusion of a dropped in the rear stance that everyone wants

and I don't believe an SVT rear bumper's lower edge is any lower or closer to the ground then a stock ZX5 bumper

so here's the idea finally......if I went to a place that makes and supplies body graphix and asked them for a matte black finish graphic that would mimic the exact same shape of the blacked out part on an SVT rear bumper and applied it to my stock bumper.....would that give the lower stance look and the eye candy apeal I'm going for? or just look tacky?

best part is...that if it doesn't look good....its easly removed..

also..reason I think it may look good is because I'm mounting a matte black front chin spoiler from a Mach 1 stang onto the front......and with my car being mineral grey....it being a sticker application shouldn't stand out too much

all opinions wanted

Jim

1989 Mustang - 300 rwhp

1965 Mustang - Inline 6