Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #239
mokz316
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93668
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL HB

FF Reputation: 3 mokz316 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
here are some news for everyone...

just came back from the dealership to have my car updated with the latest TSB and while i was there i chatted one of the tech guys about MFT Update and getting NAV after (for non-NAV MFT cars) and here is what he said:

1. They are expecting the MFT update by March 1 based on an email they got from Ford corporate but he was not sure when the USB's for the end-users will arrive. So this means by March 1st, even without the USB i can just go back and have them install the update for me and he said "YES"

2. The NAV has to come from the factory as the SD card itself only holds the actual maps but the programming and "CHIP" to enable NAV on MFT only comes from the factory so even with the GPS and LCD component in our current MFT's without the "CHIP" and the programming (which he also said they have the instructions for) will not work. So essentially even when NAV for MFT is made available, you have to pay not only for the SD but also for the "CHIP" and programming.. so somewhere around the $1500-$2500 price range he said after its all been said and done..

i will be picking up the car this afternoon and will re-confirm all statement above and will keep everyone posted. stay tuned!