View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #17
Tarzanalog
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94513
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Focus SEL HB

FF Reputation: 1 Tarzanalog Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
(Well, apparently something I included in my first attempt at a followup post incurred the wrath of the Moderators... so here goes again.)

I got my car back yesterday and it's running better than ever. It's still relearning after the TSB update, but it's currently the quietest 2012 Focus that I've driven so far (out of five... we have them at work, too). It now gets from 1st to 3rd gear in a hurry (which suits me just fine... took FOREVER before the service) and it's also very smooth with upshifts and downshifts throughout the entire range. So I hope (fingers crossed) that that's... that.

In short, they replaced the bad throwout bearing and the clutch assembly as well while they were in there. For the benefit of everyone else, here's exactly how they invoiced the parts:

1 AE8Z*7064*A SNAP RING
1 AE8Z*7064*B SNAP RING
8 *W705448*S441 NUT
1 BV6Z*7A508*A CYLINDER ASY - CLUTCH SLAVE (the throwout bearing)
1 BV6Z*7B546*B CLUTCH ASY (the clutch - it was kinda toasty)
2 XT*11*QDC FLUID - TRANSMISSION

Feel free to ask me questions.

Tarzanalog

P.S. Thanks to Noemi (on this forum), Rick (Ford's regional customer service manager that called me), and most of all to Ken Reimers and Bill Smith at Lindquist Ford for taking the time to go the extra mile to make this right.