Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Fun with PlastiDip!
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #1064
Charged SVTF
Was that our exit?!?

Fan#: 22047
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue Supercharged SVT

FF Reputation: 30 Charged SVTF Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post
How in the hell do you figure it cost 150 to plastidip 4 wheels? lol
plastidip is only $6 bucks a can at lowes and home depot. color plastidip is the same price at ace hardware stores.

The reason you have pitting is not the palstidip it is the temperature of the enviroment you sprayed it in along with the temp of the plastidip in the can. I did mine once at 40degrees and had pitting and crappy loooking wheels. Then had to fight it to get it off because it does not just peel off because it did not adhere properly.
Re did them at 58 degrees and they came out flawless.
Well if you are using just one can each wheel; thats not enough in my mind. Im using about 2.5 per wheel; doing the inside the front obviously; but also the back and inside. Plus I also plan on using the gloss clear after this base coats are down to make them slightly shiny. So thats a lot of cans my friend at almost $12 a can from Ace.

As far as pitting; was 70 degrees where I did it; only thing I can think of was humidity was 70%....but the weather in the garage was great so I just think it was more me not being able to get an even spray between the spokes.
2002 Sonic Blue SVT #246 of 4788 cardomain.com/ride/2483606
- JRSC BBK - Exhaust - Intake - Suspension -
First Place 2007 Season SJR-SCCA Solo and 2007 Rookie of the Year SJR-SCCA #20 SM