Old 02-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #18
flashpic
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93727
What I Drive: 2012, Yellow Blaze, SE w/Sport &5sp

FF Reputation: 1 flashpic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My Yellow Blaze Focus

I bought my Yellow Blaze Focus ( Hatchback SE, w/sport , 5 Speed, 201A and Winter Packages ) on New Years Eve and picked up on Jan 3rd. At first I was really apprehensive about getting this color ( not even factoring the extra $495 increase on the MSRP for Yellow Blaze) and even my kids were teasing me about the it but I really wanted Hatchback SE, w/sport & 5 Speed and this was the only one in the area so I decided to go for it. One of the best buying decision I ever made ! I love the car and the color ! I get tons of complements on the car and the color. I sold my 2007 Honda Accord ( SE w/5 speed) which was also a great car too to get the Focus. The Focus is hands-down better than in many ways (gas mileage, fun-factor, newer technology, driver comfort, versatility w/hatch) than the Honda. I got ~1300 miles on the car now and have progressing getting better MPG with every filled (first fill 34+, second 35+, third 36+, ~37 current tank) with about 50% highway driving but I try to be light on the pedal and keep highway speeds below 65. I have had zero problems or complaints so far. As a comparison, I was getting about 32 MPG on my Honda Accord ( 4 cyl w/ 5 speed). I took off the stock 16" alloy and tires ( they stink in the snow - I live in Rochester, NY) and have Michelin X ice tire with alloy rims see pics I got from Discount Tires ( great place to work with). Also wanted to mention the dealer I purchased the car from is Van Bortel Ford in Rochester, NY, was great to deal with. Great price right from the beginning, no games or high pressure, no unwanted add-ons or surprises ! They also have been carrying a large inventory of 5 speed manuals which it sounds like is a rarity. I hope my Focus will be as reliable as my Accord in the long run. I am considering getting a Ford extended warranty just in case since I really want to keep this car until at least 100K miles. The only suggestions for improvements are another gear ( 6 speed), USB jack or MP3 jack in center console and better speakers ( for listening to the news, sound is kind of muffeled), a little more storage option/area.