Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #536
hothatch
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93693
What I Drive: 2012 5-Door SE, Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 1 hothatch Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatch View Post
Update: Dropped off car this morning, when the guy at the dealer punched my VIN into their system, no TSB came up for my car. Curious to see what they say once they have a chance to look at it. Doubt the issue will come up in a test drive since it happens so infrequently, but I want to make sure it doesn't happen again!
Update 2: They applied the latest update to my car, and I've since picked it up and put about 50 miles on it. Before getting in to how it drives though, it was interesting to find out that there was no tsb on my car overall, but after they did their diagnostic, they decided to update the transmission anyway.

Driving it, there are some clear differences. When driving up my steep driveway, it feels a little like the hand brake is engaged. It's very "sticky" feeling. I think another user mentioned the same thing. When on the road, accelerating from a full stop, it feels more like a typical automatic transmission now. Not sure what it is doing differently with the clutch, but I feel like there is a bit more torque from a dead stop. All other driving characteristics feel about the same to me so far. No out-of-gear issues since picking it up, but I'll be sure to post another update if it happens again.