Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Cold weather engine cut out
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
Rovey
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93981
What I Drive: Blue Titanium 2.0 Tdci 2005

FF Reputation: 1 Rovey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Righty ho, just an update. Took the car to the mechanic, they had it for a week. It's been nice and cold so the engine has been cutting out for them as well. They ran some diagnostic tools on it, the onboard computer isnt coming up with any error messages even when it stalls, the fuel injectors are working fine, the only problem he found was that there were air bubbles appearing in the hose between the fuel filter and fuel pump, so he bypassed the fuel filter, the air bubbles disappeared but the car still stalled. So they ran out of ideas and gave up, but didnt charge me.

This morning was a nightmare, -5C and the car was stalling it's butt off, every junction, about 7 times in total, and I was loosing power a few times, even on the motorway doing 70mph the speedo dropped to zero as i lost power then it jumped back up as the power came back this happened 2 or 3 times, no lights went off from the dashboard as this happened. But as before, once the engine had warmed up, no problems at all. Got to work, sat in the car park with the engine idling at about 800rpm, no problems at all.

So booked it into a proper Ford garage, 85 + Vat per hour, OUCH!!!

Praying for a cheap solution.