Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - No notice about low windshield washer fluid
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #27
2012mtlselfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94589
What I Drive: Ford Focus SEL 2012

FF Reputation: 1 2012mtlselfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
You could always do what I did? Wait 10,000 miles then say your oil change light never came on. I don't know how long it'll take you to hit 10,000 miles, though.
hey... well i live in canada so its in km... but the weird thing you know in the manual it says to not go further then 16 000 km between the oil change... and that the computer checking the oil is intelligent depending on the driving condition lot of idle or highways and will advertise you between 8 and 16k km.... i got the car at 22 km on odometer.... did the first oil change at costco will castrol syntec at around 7000 km (way cheaper that at the dealer!) did my oil reset on the computer as saying in the booklet.... now its at 21 000km and still no warning... was waiting for the message... seems that it is not working so i will do my oil change soon.... anyways my point is that when i called the dealer about the windshield washer fluid issue... the tech told me to do my oil change at 8000 km and not 16 000km! wtf!? I will go for my PCM update for sure!