WhiteT5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93993
What I Drive: '04 Saab 9-5 Aero

FF Reputation: 1 WhiteT5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Woo View Post
Agreed that this should be a sticky. Take that stupid "bordumb" thread out of the stickies and put this one in its place.

So what is the center bore for the third gen? 64.5mm?
Center bore on these cars is 63.4 mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friction View Post
In my direct experience on my own cars, it only makes a huge difference in steering feel and tracking if you change the offset drastically. like changing your offset by 2 inches to get that hellaflush look.

Most folks would not even notice a difference if the offset changed 10-15mm. I havent done the math but im guessing the track width alone on all the new 2012 focus tire options varies by at least that much or more.

a little lower offset if you are upgrading wheels is not a big deal. You get a wider track width. If you are having tracking issues, check your alignment, it may be within spec but that hardly means its accurate or straight.
Correct. I sell wheels for a living (I work for Enkei). I deal with all sorts of people that want all sorts of results from their wheel/tire setup. As long as you're keeping width reasonable and offset stays relatively high, you will be just fine. You'll start running in to handling problems if you get to a point that you're having to stretch a tire on to get it to sit under the fender or if you're having to add 3 or 4 degrees or negative camber to get the wheels/tires to stay under the fender.