Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanalog View Post
I have the exact same issue. (768mi.) Before I had the TSB update done yesterday the grinding noise was apparent 20% of the time... and it now happens 80% of the time and is more pronounced as well. I bought it 03JAN12 and it has a production date of 17OCT11. I left it at the dealer for the day today and will wait to see what they come up with and report back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamtrinity View Post
Same issue! Oh no! :( Is there no official fix yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlarch View Post
I have the exact same issue. The transmission grinds when shifting into 2nd and to a lesser extent 4th gear. It does it between 2,000 and 4,000 rpm. It does it in both drive and sport, but does not do it when i choose the gears. Not sure what to make of it. I took it to the dealer and they ran a drive cycle and talked to Ford and was told nothing was wrong despite acknowledging the sound. They gave me some papers from Ford saying it was all part of clutch break in. I took it in at 1,500 miles and now have almost 2k and no change. I drove a manual for 15 years before getting this car and can say honestly that this is not just adjusting to the differences in the transmission.
Good Morning Tarzanalog, teamtrinity, atlarch,

I would like to you all to the forum!

My name is Noemi and I'm the residential Ford help on the Forum. I can escalate your concern to the regional Customer Service Manager, who will in turn contact you as well as your dealer to assure the issue is addressed properly. Please send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, your personal, and dealer contact info to begin the process.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply