AliasJerk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52711
What I Drive: 2003 Screaming Yellow FSVT EAP

FF Reputation: 1 AliasJerk Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_ryda View Post
Im telling you right now....your not gonna like it. It will sound like a pissed off bumble bee and I don't mean like a CAMARO. I suggest buying a resonator and welding it before the main muffler. It will cure much of the drone and bumble bee noise. I made the same mistake with my borla muffler...it sounded like a race car but you gotta drive that race car as daily lol. Gave me a headace.

Just my opinion.
Let me know if you need help finding a resonator. I have a 22" body resonator 28" as a whole Magnaflow(10436) and it made it so nice. Still loud but no nasty noises. Even the smallest Magnaflow resonator will get rid of the rasp and help the drone.

Magnaflow 10416 - 14" body>>20" whole. Smallest one
Magnaflow 10426 - 18" body>>24" whole. Mid
Magnaflow 10436 - 22" body>>28" whole. Biggest

On amazon.com they have all these for cheap. A shop will charge you triple for one.
100% agree with this statement. I am a huge advocate of magnaflow exhaust products, but with only a resonator you are going to get droned out to hell, I went with their resonated and mufflered (is that a word?) setup. My SVT is quiet enough for a long trip on the e-way, and gets nice and loud when I put my foot down. I need to make an exhaust clip when I get home from my business trip.