View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #70
TypicalCatLady
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94456
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 TypicalCatLady Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm having issues with my iPhone 4S playing music through the USB. First off, when I try to play my music, the AUX button always has the source to Line In. Is there anyway to set it to default to USB instead? I keep having to go through nearly 5 different menus (which I swear are different every time.) to get it to USB. I know I can just do a voice command to USB, but if I decide to change to the radio and then hit aux again without going through the menus, I have to do a voice command every time. Just seems like a hassle to me.

Second, I always plug my phone in before turning on the car. When I try to play the music through the USB, it says it's playing, but no sound can be heard unless I unplug my phone, plug it back in, then get it back to USB mode playing.

Third, I've never had it say anything about indexing my music. I don't know why. Would that basically save my music onto SYNC so I could play it without having to go through the menus and everything with my phone?

Fourth, I received a text on my phone while driving. When I asked SYNC to read it to me, I was told that my phone was not compatible with text messages. Anyone else have this issue with iPhones?
I apologize if any of these issues have already been discussed and I missed it. Are any of these items fixable or do I just have to adjust my habits?

Last edited by TypicalCatLady; 02-01-2012 at 01:45 AM.