lscrx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 41668
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE hatch 5mt

FF Reputation: 2 lscrx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by catmando View Post
I gotta jump in on the new ST pricing. I have a 2006 ST that I bought new. I just went and looked at the window sticker and the MSRP was $17.040. Options I have on mine are moonroof, alarm, heated seats, traction control, sony 6 CD audiophile system, side air bags, and leather sport bucket seats for a total MSRP of $20,365 (I paid less but that's the MSRP). If you figure inflation is at least 3% per year that would add another $600 per year to the price which would give a price of $23,965 for an equivalent car today. The new ST will be better equipped than my 2006. I don't see how Ford could have an MSRP lower that 25K and likely more because of more features (competitive pressure might keep the price lower though). I'm thinking a new ST will be around 27 or 28K and that is what I would expect to pay (Ford could have incentives but might not need them for the ST if it's received well).
Your ST would compare better with my SE sport than the new ST, my base price was around $18k but when equipped similar to your car it rang in at about $23k (msrp).

Posted via FF Mobile