Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #968
catmando
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 59414
What I Drive: 2006 Infra Red ST

FF Reputation: 3 catmando Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I gotta jump in on the new ST pricing. I have a 2006 ST that I bought new. I just went and looked at the window sticker and the MSRP was $17.040. Options I have on mine are moonroof, alarm, heated seats, traction control, sony 6 CD audiophile system, side air bags, and leather sport bucket seats for a total MSRP of $20,365 (I paid less but that's the MSRP). If you figure inflation is at least 3% per year that would add another $600 per year to the price which would give a price of $23,965 for an equivalent car today. The new ST will be better equipped than my 2006. I don't see how Ford could have an MSRP lower that 25K and likely more because of more features (competitive pressure might keep the price lower though). I'm thinking a new ST will be around 27 or 28K and that is what I would expect to pay (Ford could have incentives but might not need them for the ST if it's received well).