Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Which car manufacturer do you hate most?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #90
Miller88
Focus Addict

Fan#: 73790
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SE 5 Speed

Points 1,659, Level 23
Points: 1,659, Level: 23 Points: 1,659, Level: 23 Points: 1,659, Level: 23
Level Up 59% Completed
Level up: 59% Level up: 59% Level up: 59%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 5 Miller88 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_mclaren View Post
I like how everyone keeps not liking chrysler for the tranny issues. Even thought they have fixed the issue. I love Ford more than any other company out there but they can't build a auto tranny to save their lifes.
There's still a lot of Chryslers running around with the sub-par transmissions. The only ones that are worth anything are the abandon Benz transmissions (kind of like their platforms ... all abandon Benz stuff).

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdamay View Post
The transmission in the Transit Connect sucks, which I believe is related to or the same as, the transmission in the pre-2012 Focus. And judging by the complaints about the 2012, that isn't much of an improvement.

Like I said earlier, Chrysler has the capability to be an innovative company. I want to like them. I'm not sure I get why so many people seem to dislike them, but I guess someone has to be the villain. They make some crappy products, but so does every car company (that makes cars for ordinary people, anyway).
The difference between the last gen focus and the transit connect is the transit connect has a lower final drive ratio. I think the auto in the focuses is like 4.10 and the auto in the transit connect is 4.30

I want to like them too. They make the last TRUE SUV (Wrangler). The Charger is a NICE looking car. Hell, they make the last pickup with a manual transmission (Cummins TD). I don't trust ANY of their vehicles farther than I can push them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_mclaren View Post
Not a single auto transmission in the rangers are worth a damn either.
5R55 are a problematic transmission. Seems they also have a lot of problems the valve body plugging up. It's neat to read how they work to make it a 5 speed. They took a poor transmission to begin with and made it more complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwhit3devilx View Post
The transit connect IS a last gen focus. Its built off the same platform and uses the same engine and tranny. Its awful, and I cant even imagine what it would be like with a full load.
Watch this video;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcgHF..._order&list=UL

look at that engine bay; familiar? Oh and this guy does a 0-60.

On the plus side being a Focus in van form means you bolt an fswerks turbo kit to it, as well as a catback system and CAI. Actually, now I kind of want to buy one and do that....
If the transit connect was available as a 5 speed, there is NO doubt in my mind I'd be DD'ing one. To be honest, 4 or 5 years out, I wouldn't mind getting one and doing a 5 speed swap and turbo install.

But the transmission is a CD4E variant like in the 00-11 Focus. A HORRIBLE transmission that should have died long ago. Kind of like the AX4S/AX4N ... bad.