Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Which car manufacturer do you hate most?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 11:30 PM   #81
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwhit3devilx View Post
The transit connect IS a last gen focus. Its built off the same platform and uses the same engine and tranny. Its awful, and I cant even imagine what it would be like with a full load.
I know, I've been driving one since Oct. 2010. I just wasn't sure if the transmission was exactly the same one used in the Focus or a modified version of it. And it is very slow, but for its intended purpose it was never meant to be fast.

Frankly I'd just like the ability to get up a hill without breaking traction. FWD plus all the weight over the back wheels is bad. I went to a customer last week where once I drove down his driveway I realized "oh crap, I don't know if I can make it back up this driveway." Sure enough, I just had to keep the pedal down and endure the burning rubber and twitching steering wheel. We almost got to the point of him getting his 4WD truck to push me up the driveway.

These things were apparently designed with flat city streets in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwhit3devilx View Post
On the plus side being a Focus in van form means you bolt an fswerks turbo kit to it, as well as a catback system and CAI. Actually, now I kind of want to buy one and do that....
It's not an exact bolt-on, but yes... and someone already did just that. He's on the Transit Connect forums.