Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Post your Ingot Silver Pics!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #50
ross smith
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93060
What I Drive: 2012, SilverFord Focus Hatch 1.6L

FF Reputation: 2 ross smith Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollar Bill View Post
Hey Ross, like the blackout. Good idea on the lower grill !
Is that plasti dip on the windscreen ?
Did you get your fogs from Ford?
Hi thanks.
No the windscreen is a vinyl self adhesive on a roll the one you can get from a hardware shop or K -Mart, I cut it to size. The width I went was to the the bttom of the factory applied black glare strip just below the rear vision mirror.The shape of the top part of the windscreen made it look better as you can get a nice edge. This vinyl is a bit different to what I have used in the past as it's got a texture too it which is very close to what is on my grill sort of dimply not shiny.
Remember when applying the vinyl to peel back a little at a time then slowly apply and make sure to wipe all the air bubbles out as you go along.
The actual fog lights I bought on E-Bay similar to these ones http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Focu...item5adf070daf then I bought the light surround or bezel from Ford for $19 @ pair, so for about $80 for the lot, Ford wanted over $400 just for the lights.
If you get these light off E-Bay make sure you run a bit of silicone around the edge of the lens as mine leaked a bit of water but now they are OK after applying some extra silicon.