Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Which car manufacturer do you hate most?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #32
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'll concede that the purest, 'American-only' General Motors products have been so-so since the 1970s. The Cavalier has a long history of being a total POS. Don't take it too personally but I've often wondered why anyone bought a Cavalier? Price had to be the only reason, because everyone knew the car was crap. Or did Chevy really manage for 23 years to sell Cavaliers to people who hadn't heard about it being a POS?

I once had one of the last year Cavaliers (2004/2005?) as a rental. I was appalled at the ridiculous interior dimensions that were a remnant of the original Cavalier of the 1980's... the car felt cramped in a way that I hadn't felt since my dad had Buick Skyhawks as company cars in the 1980s. And the interior pretty much said "look, we know this car is about to go out of production, so don't expect us to go out of our way to make it nice or even place controls in logical places."

But the newer product that is based off GM vehicles from other GM-owned companies is better. So far the only major problem I've had with the GTO is a leaky radiator.