Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Adding backup camera
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #66
oldparts
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93360
What I Drive: 2012 candy red 5dr. Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 oldparts Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaboy View Post
Got an update from my dealer today, told me they will have to wait for MFT 2.0 before they can add the backup camera. I asked WHY and the only "real" answer I got was because "Ford corporate said so".
At least you got an answer. It seems rediculous that Ford will not offer some kind of a back up package that can be purchased through the parts department for the thousands of customers who desire a backup camera without having to buy the self parking feature.
If any Ford gurus are viewing this thread, perhaps you may be able to get a few brownie points from superiors by suggesting that this simple add-on of OEM parts can be accomplished through the parts department, making a profit and keeping Ford customers happy. If this situation isn't addressed soon, then aftermarket companies will fill the void with cheap inferior parts from China thus giving more US Dollars to non-american sources. Wake up america!