Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Which car manufacturer do you hate most?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
standard
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72671
What I Drive: wrx

FF Reputation: 2 standard Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I voted Chrysler. I used to do valet, I also currently serivice car rental companies (fix stone chips) - I have sat in almost any (Regular, non exotic) car you can imagine. I loved the valet job because I really got to drive all years and makes models of cars. I think everything Chrysler has made up until about 2 years ago is absolute trash. To add, although I haven't had a chance to check as I've only been in one, but a brand new Dodge Charger's door glass is concave and causes distortion of your view outside the window. Not very logical for a car. At least they aren't GM putting laminated door glass in so that when you're in an accident you get stabbed with huge shards of glass instead of the more preferable small chunks.

I also work at a warehouse dealing exclusively with Mopar, and it's irritating as all hell to see how much money they waste shipping things. It's not surprising they had almost gone bankrupt seeing as how poorly they are run. In defense however, I can't imagine any car companies are much more efficient.

Example :

A 12x8x7" 3 pound box shipped in a box-pallet with the dimensions of 48x42x32" weighing in at 40 pounds by itself. This 3 pound box cost them like 200 times the amount to ship in that box than by itself or through UPS.