View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #52
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 8 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Points 1 & 2) Your bumper had definite issues. The urethane f2 used was not the best quality. Its obvious in the photos that the fitment is quite good with no flaring issues like you had. The Duraflex material does not have the issues of the urethane. It is more rigid and not susceptible to the sun/heat issues of urethane.

Point 3) Yeah the fog issue on the f2 was not thought out by them. Duraflex though can be easily modded using fiberglass to make the openings larger if needed. The original RS bumper only fits RS fogs and 1 other brand of euro fog. They cost about $150-$200 to get good ones +shipping.

Point 4) Removable vents would be cool. OEM RS vents would cost you the same or even more than the bumper. Cf RS vents are closer to $300. But removable to wrap in cf vinyl would be nice. Again like the fogs this can be done by the user without too much difficulty. But maybe ED might be able to do something but if so then it would drive the price up a bit more :( It does seem to come down lower than true RS. But in the pic he is sitting a little lower than my Svt suspension plus he is on smaller tires than normal. Should end up with about 2" of clearance. I agree if they were able to shorten a 1/2"-3/4" it would provide a bit more clearance and functionality.

In general I'm glad its getting made and maybe they can tweak a few things. Other than that I will be planning to mod my fogs, vents and turns because I can and would be doing that no matter what bumper I got. I can't do true RS since you need the fenders and a load of other stuff that just for the front end would run about $2500-$3000. This gets me close enough and is better looking than anything else we readily have available imo.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."