ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 8 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions View Post
I know the fitment has been fixed major. The fender to the bumper connection was off, as far as fog lights are concerned I wasn't aware there was a specific issue. Regardless of that fact it can be adjusted how ever you wish.

First page of your F2 Feeler thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperThreat View Post
I have the 0-04 F2 RS standard width front bumper.

Opinions:

1. it doesn't fit quite right, the rubbery plastic its made out of warps in the sun easily, and as a result, by the time i purchased it, getting it to fit on the car, and look seamless was ALOT of work, and even now, it still has alot of issues.

2. It flares out around the bottom, and i had to cut and modify the lower half of the bumper to keep it from flaring out wide on the sides, and from caving in and under on the front.

3. the foglight holes dont give many options for mounting fogs. My first set of fogs had an intricate maze of mounting brackets, which never were quite right. I took them off and glued the lights on, but they fell off shortly after. Now, i have another set of lights, but they are held on by a mass of duct-tape and electrical tape. Its unconventional and shabby, but nothing else really works.

4. In terms of aesthetics... Its a shame that the vents on the side are integrated, i would have liked to have something i could take off and have wrapped in carbon fiber, or at least vinyled. It would be even nicer if it could have been compatible with OEM RS vents. Another complaint i have, is that the bumper is substantially lower than the regular bumper. I have stock SVT suspension, and im already dragging quite alot. If i were to put a splitter on, or lower my car, there's no way i could even get up my driveway, no matter how much i angled it. If it were 1/2"-1" shorter, it could still retain the looks, but be much for functional.

Id definitely be interested in a bumper if the above problems were fixed. Otherwise, ill probably go back to the SVT when i paint my car.

What of these have been fixed?

Im completely serious when i say that I am interested in replacing my current F2, but if the above hasnt fixed, then my excitement is for nothing.