Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Help me make a How To on Making Your Own Wiring Harness For Cruise Control (smart people with wiring diagrams apply within)
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #10
jay-rod05
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24351
FF Reputation: 5 jay-rod05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Sweet! Thanks to mikeeshaq I can confirm that this method will work for all 2000-2007 Foci.

Still want to see why the modules are engine specific though, in the wiring there is nothing different. I think I'll go pull a Zetec module from one at the junk yard unless someone has one to donate? The only difference I saw when i was there was the cable connector to the throttle. But as far as the servo, it looked the same.

I'll be working on the full write up over the next few days. I would like to get a little more info on the clock spring connector situation. That seems to be the only PIA thing someone would have to deal with. I'll post up another thread to get people to take pictures of theirs so we can get an idea what the difference is between years and engines.

EDIT: I have an 02 focus, the 05 diagrams just confirmed that everything is the same :)