Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #429
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
I did not have to take a copy of the TSB. My service advisor and tech were well aware of the DCT TSB and the code was downloaded and ready to install when I arrived at the dealership. We had discussed the TSB and its applicability over the phone first.

That's service!
I wouldn't refer to it as service but more like amazing! A Ford dealer service group that knew of the update, its intention and was ready to provide the install without hesitation.

As stated earlier, mine is a 5/2011 build and got all sorts of pushback when I inquired about the update from my dealer (but that agreed to do it as a "customer satisfaction" response). Sadly they had to update their computer to the latest rev to be able to install the update so hence, mine is not done yet.

I'm just so freakin amazed at Ford that they don't communicate down to their dealers.

These are great cars with stupid little faults and the fools who don't know how to talk to each other (and then we end up frustrated with it all).

Joe