RDJTX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88961
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 RDJTX Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Fink View Post
No, I check for TSBs/SSMs before the road test just to give myself some more info to work with as the service advisors usually don't get enough info from the customer for me to work with other than some vague info on how the transmission is operating. I then do the road test prior to doing any updates just to see what I am working with and if the concern I am experiencing goes along with the vague description I was given and if it matches any TSBs I happened to notice before hand.

In a perfect world we'd have super educated advisors who will sit with the customer and get every detail about the concern but in reality I am often left with info such as "transmission shifts crappy at 40km/hr" or "car makes a whoopty poopty noise sometimes....not sure when or how but check it out".........or my favorite one of all time "car smells like stinky feet" which was a toss-up for me between the nasty air freshener she had in her car or the PTU seal that was leaking oil onto the exhaust. I replaced the PTU seal and the customer got mad that it wasn't fixed as it turns out her complaint was with the nasty air freshener she installed herself

I personally would rather talk with the customer directly than go through an advisor, and often find myself calling the customer directly to talk to them about it.
bwhahahahaha this is too funny. Good for you for being so willing to talk to the customers directly. When I go in for something engine / transmission related on any of my cars I insist on talking to the guy who will be working on my car. Most of the time eliminating the middle man i.e. the service advisor will go a long way to getting stuff fixed right the first time.