Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #679
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Fink View Post
No, I check for TSBs/SSMs before the road test just to give myself some more info to work with as the service advisors usually don't get enough info from the customer for me to work with other than some vague info on how the transmission is operating. I then do the road test prior to doing any updates just to see what I am working with and if the concern I am experiencing goes along with the vague description I was given and if it matches any TSBs I happened to notice before hand.

In a perfect world we'd have super educated advisors who will sit with the customer and get every detail about the concern but in reality I am often left with info such as "transmission shifts crappy at 40km/hr" or "car makes a whoopty poopty noise sometimes....not sure when or how but check it out".........or my favorite one of all time "car smells like stinky feet" which was a toss-up for me between the nasty air freshener she had in her car or the PTU seal that was leaking oil onto the exhaust. I replaced the PTU seal and the customer got mad that it wasn't fixed as it turns out her complaint was with the nasty air freshener she installed herself

I personally would rather talk with the customer directly than go through an advisor, and often find myself calling the customer directly to talk to them about it.
The service advisor I got only allowed me to list two issues with the transmission. Thankfully, I will likely be able to talk to the Ford Engineer (hopefully) next week (fingers crossed) and I could provide him/her with more detail what is going on. If he/she allows, I would like to drive the car with the Engineer so I can better explain myself. Here are my problems that I tried to tell my advisor:

Transmission grinding (can be heard when shifing from RPM's up to 3000-3500)

Transmission Flutter (when I break for a stop, when it goes into first gear, the engine goes to 1400-1500 RPMs. It does not happen with other gears)

Slow response of transmission (I know there is an "S" mode, but sometimes a driver can get into sticky situations and needs for the transmission to be responsive, especially on the highway)

Sometimes rough downshifting, but nothing major.